Visual impairment can seriously affect the learning ability of children. So if you want to expect more children, their parents do not forget its responsibility to protect eyes for your children.
1. It is never too early to go check your child’s eyes. Optometrists can test the eyes of children even if they can not read the text. You should try to put the first eye exam at least when they are 3 years old, especially if you have a family history of eye disease.
2. Testing vision for children at the critical moment, namely:
– The child was six months old
– Children age 3
– Before the first class
– At least annually between the ages of 6-18 years of age and periodically checked during the development process.
3. Always make sure you have enough light when learning to not strain eyes.
4. Help protect the eyesight in the sun. More and more evidence that exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) can contribute to increased risk of cataracts, degeneration yellow macular and ocular melanoma (eye cancer). So when kids outdoor activities for young parents to provide good-quality glass, to avoid the harmful effects of ultraviolet and infrared rays (especially from 10 am to 3 pm).
5. Make sure children eat more vegetables! Eat fruits and vegetables contain substances called lutein and zeaxanthin may help protect against certain eye diseases such as cataracts, degeneration yellow macular is the leading cause of blindness of the eye. In particular, children should eat more broccoli, oranges, peas, kiwi, mango, sweet corn, grapes, spinach …
6. Vitamin A helps your eyes healthy. Specifically: 400 mcg / day for children under 3 years, 500 mcg / day for children from 4 to 6 years old and 700-800 mcg / day for children aged 7 to 10 years old.
7. Make sure children do not work with your eyes too hard. Remind kids not see the computer or reading for too long can lead to tired eyes, redness and pain.
8. Attention to the symptoms of the eye. If the child complained of eye fatigue and headache symptoms often require an eye test with your doctor. Vision is a common cause of sore eyes and headaches.
9. When you play sports, please remind them to bring goggles not risk eye injury hazard.
10. Dealing with eye injuries. If young eyes were stabbed by a sharp object and was still “stick” in the eyes, you may not use your hands to press on the eyelids that draw out material. Be calm and take the child to keep the medical center immediately.
With these strange objects as small as dust in the eye, mi odd … children not to rub eyes that use saline eye hygiene and to wash away an object.